Part Time Facilities Team Member
Reports To: Facilities Managers
Compensation: To be disclosed in person
Objective: A Facilities team member is responsible for working with all WEAG staff members, volunteers and outside groups to effectively prepare for all building events, including celebrations, staff events and meetings in a manner consistent with the mission and vision of WEAG and the direction of Church and Facilities management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
- Clean/maintain all areas inside and outside West End Assembly of God property.
- Provide setup and clean up as required by event calendars and at the direction of the Facility manager’s direction.
- Janitorial duties
- During winter months-keep doors free from snow and ice
- Organize custodial storage closets and other storage areas as necessary
- Assist in preparing for all Sunday events, worship services, info centers, baptisms, and special events
- Do minor repairs and maintenance projects
- General understanding of heating and cooling systems, and building maintenance
- Assist volunteers by answering questions, locating custodial supplies for use, etc.
- Communicate immediate and long-term repairs and facility needs
- Attend department and staff-wide meetings and morning devotions as required by Facilities Managers
- Function as part of the team; working to maintain and develop relationships with the staff, to exercise care in disagreements, and to be supportive of one another on the staff team. Any concerns should be communicated in a timely and biblical manner with the Operations Director, Pastoral Team, or other appropriate staff persons
- When appropriate, lend help and skill to other areas of WEAG church ministry
- All other duties as assigned by the Facilities Managers or Oversight Pastor
Required Education and Training
HS diploma or equivalent
Related experience in housekeeping and/or maintenance.
- Loyalty and dedication to WEAG’s vision, values
- Respond to crisis situations in a calm, gracious and confident manner
- Effective team player
This position requires standing, walking, and lifting and/or pushing/pulling of up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Application Instructions, if additional
Download and complete the application form.
or hand deliver or mail to the main office at 401 N. Parham Rd., Richmond, VA 23229
Application Deadline, if applicable: